CHEP Notice about COVID-19
At the Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc., our Veterans, clients and program attendees are our highest priority. We understand that many of you are concerned about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to take this opportunity to share information with you about the steps we are taking to continue to operate safely and effectively while still providing you with excellent service.
Actions we are taking:
• Our team is regularly monitoring information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our state and local agencies, to adhere to the most updated guidance.
• We are ensuring that our actions are aligned with the latest CDC recommendations.
• We are communicating with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our Veterans, clients and attendees.
Our transitional housing sites and administrative office remain open. We are taking diligent steps to keep desks and common areas clean. Note: Should there be any changes to any of our locations (i.e., closures, hours of operation, etc.), updates will be posted on our website at www.chepinc.org.
If you have any questions, you can reach the administrative office at 410-642-1195, and we will direct your call to the appropriate location.
Actions you can take:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are not feeling well, particularly if you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
• Stay up to date. For more information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at cdc.gov/coronavirus
Thank you for your loyalty and understanding as we work through this together.