- This event has passed.
5th Annual CHEP Addictions Conference: Weathering the Storm
October 17 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thank you to all those who attended and supported this program! We had a terrific turnout and are excited for next year. Please save-the-date for Wednesday, October 9 for the 2019 conference.
Overall Conference Description: Our local communities in Maryland are riddled with overdose, crime, suicide, and depression; in most cases, morbidly connected with substance use and abuse. This conference will provide an overview of the ever-evolving epidemic that plagues our families, friends, youth, coworkers, and neighbors.
Target Audiences: Psychologists, nurses, social workers, addiction counselors, certified counselors, occupational therapists, health education specialists, physicians, dentists and dental professionals, and students.
Accreditation: The following accreditation credits are approved for this conference. Evaluations were emailed out the day after the program, if you have not received yours please contact the Local Program Manager at email@example.com.
American Psychological Association (APA) Credits – 4.5 hours
- Chesapeake Health Education Program Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Chesapeake Health Education Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Maryland SW Credits – 6.0 hours
- Maryland Social Workers – Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners:”Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc. is authorized by the Board of Social Work Examiners in Maryland to sponsor social work continuing education programs and maintains full responsibility for this program. This training qualifies for Category 1 continuing education credits.”
NBCC Credits – 6.0 hours
- Certified Counselors – National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC): “Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6140. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC are clearly identified. Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.”
NAADAC Credits – 6.0
- Addiction Counselors – National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC): “This course has been approved by CHEP as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider for 6.0 CEs. NAADAC provider number 62665, CHEP is responsible for all aspects of their programming.”
ADA Credits – 6.0 hours
- Chesapeake Health Education Program Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
- Chesapeake Health Education Program Inc. designates this activity for 6.0 continuing education credits.
Exhibitors: Thank you to our exhibitors who supported this program! If you are interested in exhibiting for the 2019 conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our generous Gold Sponsor!
Thank you to our generous Silver Sponsors!
Cancellation Policy: Registration for the conference will close on Friday, October 12, 2018 or once we are at capacity. As this event is very popular, we recommend you register early; we cannot guarantee on-site registration will be available. If you are unable to attend after registering, you must contact our office via email or phone. The following guidelines for cancellations for this program apply:
- Cancellations by registrant made prior to October 1, 2018 will receive a refund less a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations by registrant made October 1, 2018 or after will not receive a refund or voucher.
CHEP reserves the right to cancel this program due to insufficient enrollment or any unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather. We will notify registrants via email, on our program webpage, and Facebook. In the case that we need to cancel or reschedule, registrants can request a voucher to be used at a future program, or a refund. Registration fees will be fully refunded if we are unable to reschedule a cancelled program. Processing fees will apply on refunds made to credit cards. Refunds are only available back to a credit card if less than 60 days have passed since purchase; otherwise if longer than 60 days, a check will be issued to the registrant.
Notes: Registration implies consent that pictures or video taken during the event may be used by CHEP Inc. for marketing purposes. These photos and videos may appear in future printed publications and/or the company website and social media platforms.