5th Annual CHEP Addictions Conference: Weathering the Storm
October 17 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Overall Conference Description: Our local communities in Maryland are riddled with overdose, crime, suicide, and depression; in most cases, morbidly connected with substance use and abuse. This conference will provide an overview of the ever-evolving epidemic that plagues our families, friends, youth, coworkers, and neighbors.
Speakers and Agenda: We are please to announce the following final line-up of expert speakers for this conference!
Joseph Ryan – Manager, Office of Drug Control Policy, Harford County
Dr. Greg Hobelman – Chief Medical Officer, Ashley Addiction Treatment
David Semanco – Clinical Director, The Freedom Center; President, Virginia Association of Addiction Professionals (VAAP)
John Wanner – Part-time Lecturer, Harbor of Grace Enhanced Recovery Center
Dr. John McClanahan – Owner and Priciple, McClanahan and Associates
Target Audiences: Psychologists, nurses, social workers, addiction counselors, certified counselors, occupational therapists, health education specialists, physicians, dentists and dental professionals, and students.
Accreditation: The following accreditation credits are currently approved. Please check back for updates as they become available.
American Psychological Association (APA) Credits – 4.5 hours
- Chesapeake Health Education Program Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Chesapeake Health Education Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Maryland SW Credits – 6.0 hours
- Maryland Social Workers – Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners:”Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc. is authorized by the Board of Social Work Examiners in Maryland to sponsor social work continuing education programs and maintains full responsibility for this program. This training qualifies for Category 1 continuing education credits.”
NBCC Credits – 6.0 hours
- Certified Counselors – National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC): “Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6140. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC are clearly identified. Chesapeake Health Education Program, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.”
ADA Credits – 6.0 hours
- Chesapeake Health Education Program Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
- Chesapeake Health Education Program Inc. designates this activity for 6.0 continuing education credits.
Registration: Now entering it’s fifth year, this program has become known as a leader in the topic of addictions in our community. Be sure to register early in order to secure your space; we cannot guarantee that day-of registration will be available. Early-bird pricing is available through September 18th. After this date, pricing will increase by $20 per ticket.
Pricing starting September 18th:
Community Provider – $145
Full Time VA Employee (ID Required) – $65
Student (ID Required) – $85
Conference registration includes a continental breakfast, a full buffet lunch, and all day beverage service. Please do not bring outside food and beverage into the venue. We are happy to accommodate any dietary restrictions noted in your registration.
Registration implies consent that pictures or video taken during the event may be used by CHEP Inc. for marketing purposes. These photos and videos may appear in future printed publications and/or the company website and social media platforms.
Exhibitors: In order to provide the best local resources for our attendees, we will be offering a limited number of exhibitor spaces. Exhibitor fee includes an eight foot table, electric, wifi access, continental breakfast and lunch for one representative.
- General Exhibitor Fee: $325*
- Additional Exhibitor Representative Fee: $99
*Discounted rate available to returning exhibitors from last year. Please email Annie Caporellie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sponsorship Opportunities: We are looking for corporate sponsors to support and be a part of this program. If your company is interested in one of our three opportunities, please email Annie Caporellie at email@example.com for sponsorship packet.
Thank you to our generous Gold Sponsor!
Thank you to our generous Silver Sponsors!
Cancellation Policy: Registration for the conference will close on Friday, October 12, 2018 or once we are at capacity. As this event is very popular, we recommend you register early; we cannot guarantee on-site registration will be available. If you are unable to attend after registering, you must contact our office via email or phone. The following guidelines for cancellations for this program apply:
- Cancellations by registrant made prior to October 1, 2018 will receive a refund less a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations by registrant made October 1, 2018 or after will not receive a refund or voucher.
CHEP reserves the right to cancel this program due to insufficient enrollment or any unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather. We will notify registrants via email, on our program webpage, and Facebook. In the case that we need to cancel or reschedule, registrants can request a voucher to be used at a future program, or a refund. Registration fees will be fully refunded if we are unable to reschedule a cancelled program. Processing fees will apply on refunds made to credit cards. Refunds are only available back to a credit card if less than 60 days have passed since purchase; otherwise if longer than 60 days, a check will be issued to the registrant.