Our Veterans, clients and program attendees remain our highest priority. We understand that many of you are concerned about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We continue to operate safely and effectively while still providing you with excellent service.
Actions we are taking:
• Our team is ensuring that our actions are aligned with the latest recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our state and local agencies, to adhere to the most updated guidance.
• We are communicating with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our Veterans, clients and attendees.
Our transitional housing sites and administrative office have remained open. We are taking diligent steps to keep desks and common areas clean.
Our staff can be reached at 410-642-1195. Should there be any changes to any of our locations (i.e., closures, hours of operation, etc.), updates will be posted here.
Actions you can take:
• Wear your mask.
• Maintain a safe social distance from others.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are not feeling well, particularly if you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
• Stay up to date. For more information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at cdc.gov/coronavirus
Thank you for your loyalty and understanding as we continue to work through this together.